Sunday, April 10, 2011

Milk Tart

I felt like sharing something truly South African the good old Afrikaans Milk Tart. Searching for a yummie picture I found this one and the recipe, neither of which are actually typical but I thought it looked good and the recipe sounds good too. But the real recipe and tart are a little different.

The proper recipe for this can be found here.
There are a couple of different ways of making Koek Sisters but I will share an easy recipe if you want to give it a try. They are disgustingly rich, fattening and morish so beware. Photo
                                                          Easy recipe for Koeksisters.

1 comment:

Shaz said...

lol.....my friend, just having a really good giggle at your "Koek Sisters"....if you separate the words, it could mean something quite different in Afrikaans. :o) XXX And yes, they are really, really yummy