Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hidden treasure

Oh wow, I was so excited when I received this little treasure. I had an idea to do something and asked Pat Winter if she could make it for me. She misunderstood my request and made a doll that was far bigger than what I actually wanted, so she made this little one. Her work is incredible and I was thrilled. Take a look at all the beautiful things she makes.
There is a story behind why I wanted this little doll. I recently read a about how in ancient times the older women in a tribe, made dolls for the grand children. Hidden inside the dolls were messages of wisdom.  Soon it will be my grand daughters 5th birthday and I wanted to make her one. That is her pretty little face on this doll, isn't it just so cute, she fits in the palm of your hand.  I love her.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shaz said...

Oooohhhh nooooo...."Bad dog Bella"!!!!

bois-fleurie said...

I love the little doll, she is pretty. The crazy patch work is wonderful.